KM Perform’s 2019 End of Year Celebration

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo courtesy of Mr. Anderson

Photo courtesy of Mr. Anderson

Photo courtesy of Mr. Anderson

Photo courtesy of Mr. Anderson

Kettle Moraine School for Arts and Performance (KM Perform) had an end of the year celebration on June 1st from 4-6 pm. The committee putting it together included seven seniors and two sophomores with Mrs. Beal advising. They worked on brainstorming ideas in order to create a final product that was exciting for all who attended. 

During the ceremony, students speakers Claire Vock, Rachel Czestler, Josh Catania, and Elizabeth Meade filled the auditorium with Claire welcoming, Rachel and Josh giving testimonials, and Liz concluding. In addition, Mr. John Hickman, this year’s KM Perform Artist-in-Residence, gave the keynote speech, highlighting experience this year in Legends and Lore, Metamorphosis, Rube Goldberg, KM Perform musical “James and the Giant Peach,” and Lost Wax Investment Bronze Casting.

Part of the celebration honored KM Perform seniors, who walked across the stage to receive a warm handshake from KM Perform Director Kevin Erickson, then a flower as they took their places among KM Perform senior graduates. After the program, there was a reception where refreshments were served. 

Student accomplishment was the main focus of the event. The work of many different seniors was showcased. There was a visual art gallery that parents and students were encouraged to view.

This year’s senior class had much to celebrate. The annual end of the year celebration was a big success, and is sure to be for years to come.