The First Campus-Wide KM Musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

The First Campus-Wide KM Musical

Photo courtesy of The University of Texas at El Paso

KM Campus is proud to announce the first all-campus musical coming this fall. Auditions were held on October 17th and 18th, followed by callbacks on the 19th. The show is South Pacific, and will be directed by Mr. Jaeger, KM Campus choir teacher. This musical is open to students from grades 6-12.

During auditions, Mr. Jaeger, Mrs. Beal (English teacher/producer), Mrs. Hooper (KMMS/KMHS choir teacher), and Mrs. Fetherston (guidance counselor) judged and held callbacks. Students came with a prepared solo, read lines, and danced. Most who wanted a lead role chose to perform a song from South Pacific; selected songs included “I’m in Love With a Wonderful Guy,” “Bali Hai,” and “Honeybun.” The lead roles are Nellie (Navy nurse) and Emile (plantation owner).

South Pacific is set on an island paradise in Bali Hai, during World War II. The plot centers on an American nurse stationed on a South Pacific island during the war, but in the midst of the battle, parallel love stories take the stage. 

This story has a lot of wonderful parts and an amazing storyline – everyone involved (including a cast of over 50 students from across the campus as well as from the middle school) cannot wait to get started on rehearsals! More news to come!