Quote Me On It! The Projects and the Students Behind Them

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo courtesy of Editors Group

Photo courtesy of Editors Group

Photo courtesy of Editors Group

Photo courtesy of Editors Group

Some of the greatest people of our time: the Einsteins, the Sun Tzus, Gandhis. Those who have defined us as people. The things they said are kept close to our hearts, and help us when we are feeling down to find inspiration and success. This is the idea behind Ms. Kean’s Quote Me On It! class. The workshop has a focus on writing and art. The class is about students and their favorite quotes. Once students choose a favorite, they will design and produce a project ranging from an essay on the quote and its history to an art project.

Who is Ms.Kean? Ms.Kean is one of the Theatre Mentors here at KM Perform, Kettle Moraine School for Arts and Performance, who has been working here at KM for about 18 years. She can be found most of the time in the da Vinci Room if you have any questions.

The main focus of the Quote Me On It! Class is to find a quote that speaks to you and, in your own way, create something that shows how it inspired you. Credit opportunities include English, humanities, world history, and U.S. history and government. It is recommended for all students in KM Perform, and has no prerequisites at all!

The Quote Me On It! class may be over, but that doesn’t mean you missed your shot! Talk to Ms.Kean or email her at [email protected].